Ads Top

"PSA: Apple Watch Hacks Speed Locks"


#PokemonGO: I have heard parts of what I am about to explain touched upon here and there but not too detailed. I did a search and couldn’t find a definitive thread on the matter.If you are one of those people that thinks the Apple Watch is unfair for the ability to gain steps without GPS, you are not going to like my findings below.I carpool to work everyday with a friend. She drives as she gets carsick easily (so I throw her cash for gas). I usually have my watch on at work to get some extra steps towards hatching my eggs. I usually close the app on the watch if I will know I will be seated for long periods of time to save battery. I usually don’t ride with the app on because I wasn’t “working out” in the car so I didn’t think steps or anything would actually benefit having it open.The other day I forgot to turn the watch app off as I got into the car. Since she is driving I usually have my game open to catch anything if we come to a stop, are going slow enough pass a pokestop to get items or if we are stuck in traffic to gets steps to my eggs. As we were driving at roughly 45-55mph I started noticing pokemon popping up on my nearby/sightings. I didn’t think anything of it at first because sometimes this happened in the past. Well it kept happening and consistently. On a rare occasion a pokemon would actually spawn. I also noticed when we came to a stop sign/light my cool down was significantly cut down and I could spin pokestops and pokemon would spawn.So today I tried to document this behavior in greater detail to see if this is happening for anyone or if I am just one lucky bastard.Pokemon on Sightings/Near By:When traveling at a consistent 45mph I would see pokemon appear on sightings/near by roughly every 20-30 seconds (if there were spawn points along the road) and they would stay for about 10 seconds before disappearing again. Repeat.Spinning Pokestops:I was able to spin a few pokestops traveling at 35-45mph but nothing is consistent. Most of the time I would still get “Try Again Later”. I believe you are only able to spin a stop traveling above the lock in a short window when the Sightings/Near By reappears.Pokemon Spawning:Again, I think this is like spinning the pokestops and you have to be going by at the right time.Cooldowns/Locks:Locks seem to get a 5mph leeway before they are enforced (pokestops and spawns). The cooldown after traveling at a top rate speed before spawns appear and you are able to spin a stop is drastically reduced. Sometimes it would take me 30-60 seconds after coming to a stop before the game would come back “online” but now it ranges from 10-15 seconds.Egg Distance:Nothing new to add hear as I have the app open on my phone and am not swinging my arms weirdly while in the car.I am using Apple Watch Series 2 (Workout Power Saving Mode: On), Watch App open, iPhone 7, Phone App open.tl;dr: Having the Apple Watch App open and driving at speeds above the speed locks always you to spin pokestops, see pokemon on sightings/nearby, get pokemon to spawn (not many at all) and you cooldown time is significantly reduced. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jkidaq
"PSA: Apple Watch Hacks Speed Locks" "PSA: Apple Watch Hacks Speed Locks" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.