Ads Top

"[Story] I have been hating on Pokemon Go but I have to say that today softened my anger at it a little"


#PokemonGO: My Mum started to play Pokemon Go somewhere in October. She has always hated Pokemon so it was nice to finally have her on board the Poketrain. Despite her late start she has come a long way. I'm on level 26 while she's flying high on level 31 (and I started from day 1). She has also managed to do well at working out the trick to doing well in gyms and getting plenty of coins out of it and she has caught a lot Pokemon.In fact, before the Christmas event she only had Charizard, Venusaur, Kabutops and the baby Pokemon to get. While I was at uni getting Poliwag and Slowpoke she was getting herself Chansey and Tangella and all sorts. I was a little jealous but also happy to see her getting into it and to see that she was getting out more as a result.Obviously the starter event easily allowed her to get the two starters she was missing and then it was down to just Togepi, Kabutops and Elekid. First came Togepi while we were out a few days ago. She was so happy to get it because she really wants to get the complete dex and the babies are the hardest to get, really, even with the increased hatch rate for them (I will refrain from using inverted commas there). Then we discovered that there was a Kubuto nest in the neighboring town and we made plans to go there to get get them as we had very little Kabuto candy.The day that we went to get it she got a 10km egg and we thought... could it be possible that she will get an Elekid from that egg? I mean, it would involve a hell of a lot of luck but we could dream. We went to the park where the nest was and spent a good couple of hours there getting all the Kabuto we could and finally we got our Kapbutops. This was quite exciting - she had almost done it! She was so close to getting the entire Pokedex completed (or, at least, those that it is possible for her to get). This has been her aim for a while now and I was praying for her that she would get lucky on that egg.Today we took the dogs for a walk and she had Go open, mainly so that she could check if there were any Pokemon there worth getting. I think the egg had fallen to the back of our minds until the point where it came onto the screen. She hid the phone so we couldn't see it and would instead have to hear the battle cry. We were both quite tense as we heard it shake once, shake twice, shake three times and...The second that we heard that electric battle cry she screamed with joy. There were people a little way off both ahead of and behind us and they must have turned around as they heard that crazy woman screaming at the top of her lungs. But to be honest it was the most joyous thing I have seen in a long time. It made her so happy to have finally got Elekid and I was glad to see it, even though I still have several Pokemon to get.She still has to evolve Togepi but that is just a matter of time with it as her buddy. I must admit that I have been quite cynical regarding this game, and I still am, but I can't deny that seeing the smile on my Mum's face made my day. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2j7XVDt
"[Story] I have been hating on Pokemon Go but I have to say that today softened my anger at it a little" "[Story] I have been hating on Pokemon Go but I have to say that today softened my anger at it a little" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.