Ads Top

"[Story] Today the shitty substitute teacher in me came out and I started teaching about pokemon instead of English."


#PokemonGO: Today I was substituting a morning half day as I try to earn some extra cash before college classes start up again. The first half of the morning (8am-10am) I am telling the kids (4th graders) to do their readings and few assignments enticing them by letting them know they can get on their Chromebooks if they are quite and finish. Then I send them off to PE, get them back, and we prepare for rotation. (FYI: I have a Pokemon key chain that is clearly visible with Charmander, a fire symbol, and a pokeball as I walk around) Once I switch them off and get a new group I notice that this flock of students are a little on the slow side, as said by the teacher herself in the notes for me. 4-6 of them had pokemon shirts, out of 15, and those immediately noticed the key chain. I have 5 minutes to burn before I am recommended told to give them their assignments, so naturally we start talking and they ask me questions, "Sir, do you like Pokemon?" "Yea" "What is your favorite one?" "Not sure, but Eevee is the cutest." (Little girl asking) "Have you seen the show on cartoon network?" "Yea, but just the Indigo League, all 200 something episodes of them" Classroom wows... "Also the first 2 movies." "Sir, who got you that key chain?" "My mother, she knows my girlfriend and I like Pokemon so she got us some at Wal-Mart. My girlfriend got all the little starters: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu on her key chain." "Mister, mister do you play Pokemon Go?" At this point, my heart begins to warm and melt before the class "Yes I do, my girlfriend and I are on Team Mystic and we play about everyday." The class almost loses it and they wanna see, and now I am put in the situation to tell them no, or make them do the assignment. As a substitute teacher I just fill-in for a teacher handing students the assignment(s) not caring if they do it or not, their grade. Here comes the shitty substitute teacher and I show them everything on the projector. At this point my 5 minutes are up and they should be starting, but I can't help but teaching them the names, types, attacks, and everything pokemon related. Those same kids that had pokemon shirts even dished out their pokemon cards and begin trading and discussing what I had just said. Part of my childhood came back as I remembered the fond days of collecting and trading the same cards. I honestly know up to Gen 2 of the pokemon aside from a few legendaries, these kids where talking about everything into Gen 7. Unfortunately, I had to cut them off and get back to their assignment otherwise I would be hearing from the administration. Ah precious memories when times seemed simpler and vivacious as a child. Thanks for reading, title is basically the tl;dr. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2jB1Pli
"[Story] Today the shitty substitute teacher in me came out and I started teaching about pokemon instead of English." "[Story] Today the shitty substitute teacher in me came out and I started teaching about pokemon instead of English." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:46 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.