Ads Top

"The star crossed life of a running Pokemon Go player."


#PokemonGO: http://ift.tt/2ioBXwD than 48 hours ago I finally obtained my gold badge for amassing 1000 Kilometers! I threw my first pokeball on July 7th so needless to say it was a long time coming. I am a level 32, one mass evolution away from 33, player. I haven't spent any money on the game and rely solely on coins obtained from holding gyms. I typically play 1.5 to 2 hours per day, most of that while running.There have been many discussions on these boards about speed caps while running, driving, biking, etc... some of which I have taken part in. Due to the current state of the game, however, it simply doesn't pay to run and play...at least in terms of accruing kilometers.The Math:I have played since July 7th or 190 days up until this point. For the sake of our discussion I will keep it simple. I run nearly every day while playing the game. There were several race days, inclement weather days, and other occasions where I didn't run while playing on a particular day. We will exclude those from the discussion because the kilometers also accrued while I walked, drove, etc... so there was some balance there.Over those 190 days I have run 8.8 miles per day or 1672 total miles. This equates to 2690.8 kilometers.If you consider that since the game came out I have accumulated 1006.7 kilometers, at an average speed of just under 9 mph, based on the games distance tracking system, I have been given credit for a whopping..... wait for it....37% of my total kilometers walked/run while playing the game. If we were really specific here, the running only kilometer percentages accounted for would likely be much smaller.I have become adept at taking down gyms, catching pokes and spinning pokestops while running but I cannot help but dwell on the fact that I am being robbed of those much needed kilometers that hatch eggs and help farm rare candies from my walking buddy.I don't buy a ton of incubators but I have hatched a grand total of 330 eggs since the game came out. Without buying incubators 2690.8 kilometers comes out to be 538.16 5k eggs hatched or 208 more eggs than I have hatched now.I want to stress that I truly enjoy this game and am okay with the fact that I typically only get to play, with consistency, while running.I can only hope that at some point Niantic acknowledges that there are many players out there that are legitimately hatching eggs and farming candies being deprived of full credit for the distances they are going. I understand that the game isn't perfect, and never will be, but surely some adjustments to the speed caps and distance tracking system would be warranted after 6 months of game play?! via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jvffjj
"The star crossed life of a running Pokemon Go player." "The star crossed life of a running Pokemon Go player." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.