Ads Top

"Wanted to share a special experience today."


#PokemonGO: Wall of text story time:I am out in my local neighborhood training up a gym spot for myself. The gym needed approximately 6000 prestige to open up so I was fully expecting 2x runs to open the spot.After the first prestige run, I noticed a spot had opened up, and I immediately looked around the area. I saw a Mom and son (maybe 6-7yrs old) playing nearby. I couldn't take the chance of getting sniped so I immediately took the spot with the intention of helping them open more spots. I got out of my car and walked over to them to explain myself and to offer my help.Before I could get started prestiging the gym for them, a Lapras showed up on the sightings and it was literally 20 feet away from us. We all went to go catch it. Wasn't a great Lapras for me (1100CP DB/DP), but it was a first for both of them. (I believe they said their level was <25) We were really happy to catch it, and of course shocked that it even showed up.Back to prestiging.I started to prestige, and they saw a Blastoise show up on the nearby. I told them to go and find the Blastoise (I don't care much for them), and that the spots would be ready when they return.They returned after successfully catching the Blastoise (ANOTHER first for both of them). I told the Son to be ready to get the spot as soon as it opens to prevent getting sniped. I explained to them, you have to careful opening spots because people can take them for you and its not very fun when it happens. We successfully opened a spot for him and he was able to get his pokemon in the gym. As I was leaving the gym battle scene, what shows up in front of us?Dragonite.Mine was 1100CP which is pretty bad, and didn't put up too much of a fight. The son managed to catch his very quickly as well (His was 400CP). However, the Mom was having a lot of difficulty trying to catch it. She couldn't hit the Dragonite with her throws at all and asked for my help. Her situation was pretty dire, with the Lapras and Blastoise absorbing most of her resources, she was literally down to her last 5 Great Balls, and maybe a handful of regular Pokeballs."IT'S AMAZING" - shouts the kid. Oh man I thought....Under a lot of pressure I agree. It might be her only chance EVER at a Dragonite - not to mention one with 82%+ IVs. I didn't want to disappoint. With exactly 6- regular Pokeballs left in her bag, I managed to catch the Dragonite with a regular Pokeball (it's possible....). Hers was 1800CP which was her highest Pokemon in her roster, and her first ever Dragonite ever. Don't really need say how excited we all were. Honestly, its a freaking miracle that the Dragonite was able to caught with a red ball. Hi-fives all around, and we parted ways shortly afterwards.Icing on the cake, it was 84.4% IV.I just wanted to share this experience because I think it is a perfect example of WHY this game is so awesome and why it is special compared to other games. As much as it seemed like a "regular" day for me, it was an unbelievable day for the parent and child. I am grateful for the experience and was very relieved and happy to have been able to part of their day.Cheers all - sorry a bit off topic. Happy hunting every and thanks for reading. GL. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jrn5t1
"Wanted to share a special experience today." "Wanted to share a special experience today." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 13:30 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.