Ads Top

"Gym battle question: pokemon type or move set?"


#PokemonGO: Hi all, I am fairly new to Pokemon go and never did Pokemon. My daughter roped me into this, but it's very fun! I'm halfway through level 27 now.I have a question about battling about gyms. You can read about what's the best type to fight a Dragonite, etc. But isn't it really about the best moves types to fight a Dragonite (or whatever)? You can have an fairy type, but if the fairy type's moves are not "fairy" but something else, it's not really going to be very effective, right? I have a wigglytuff in about the 95% IV rating but it's fast move is pound (normal type) and its special attack is hyper bean (normal). So therefore, why would I want to use this against a dragonite, even though the common wisdom is that the fairy pokemon are most effective against dragonites?As an example, I have a cloyster at 1606 (and a laughable 73 HP) - its two moves are frost breath and icy wind (which is the weakest special attack), but it will almost take out dragonites that are in the 2700+ range. That's because both its fast move and special attack are ice.So ... what do you think? Am I missing something here? Sometimes you get movesets that don't even correspond to the pokemon's type - for example, I had a Rapidash neither of two moves were fire.If this is the case, then what I'm really looking for to fight a Dragonite is a pokemon whose moves are both fairy or ice. Having only one of the moves fairy or ice is not nearly as good of a choice, right? (I'm excluding dragon moves here.) And this would be the same logic for battling other pokemon. In the case, if I'm fighting an Exeggutor, I don't want a fire type that only has one of its moves as fire - I want one with both moves as fire.Let me know what you think.... via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2lbmSwb
"Gym battle question: pokemon type or move set?" "Gym battle question: pokemon type or move set?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:20 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.