Ads Top

"My 7.5 Month Journey to Dragonite"


#PokemonGO: So last night I finally got my first Dragonite. It was a rather long journey. I live in suburban Philadelphia, so Dratini are pretty scarce in my area. I caught my first Dratini on the beach in Ocean City, MD while on vacation in late August. It then took me until October 30th to hatch a Dratini from a 10k egg. This got me my first Dragonair. Up until the Gen 2 launch, no more Dratini. Then with the seeming increase in 10k egg drops since Gen 2 launch, I have hatched 5 Dratini. This gave me enough candies to evolve a Dragonite last night. It was well worth the wait. Stat-wise it's not bad: 89% IV, 2421 CP and level 24 (after powering up), with Dragon Tail and Hurricane. After this evolution I'm at 139/142 for the NA Gen 1 Pokedex.Why did it take so long? I play the game as a completionist, and not to battle gyms or train up 'mons. So for 'mons I didn't have that required less candy to evolve, I focused on walking those as my buddies first so I could fill out the 'dex. I still need Charizard, Machoke, and Hitmonolee to fill out the Gen 1 'dex, and I'm currently walking a Machop as my buddy with 55 candies, and am hoping for a high Attack Tyrogue hatch to evolve Hitmonlee.It's been a long and fun journey that I'm looking to continue. I have 61 in the Gen 2 'dex so far, and really enjoy seeing the black shadows on the Nearby since Gen 2. Gotta catch 'em all! via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2mCtNyA
"My 7.5 Month Journey to Dragonite" "My 7.5 Month Journey to Dragonite" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 15:24 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.