Ads Top

"Need to change your buddy or view your journal? Here’s how!"


#PokemonGO: editI didn't realize that this doesn't affect most players, and I'm glad for that. And I know this isn't the exciting news of something new that you are waiting for, but this is a glitch that prevents some players from viewing medals, journal, changing their buddy or customising their trainer. And for them I hope my post is useful. Also, if you want to see more research studies done, then you need to support people who try to do something and put time into it. Not everyone can match the high standards set by the silph road researchers, but this subreddit will keep getting what you consider shitposts and if you suppress everything but the very very best research, few new people will try doing something. because they can't match that standard. I can't do a biome analysis of north america, but I did notice an issue and spend a lot of time on it with the intent to help people. If you want to downvote me to hell, that's fine, but you won't be seeing higher quality posts as a result.I restarted the game 55 times trying different things to find a consistent method. Here’s what worked best for me, but keep in mind this is one trainer on one android phone and YMMVShort Version: Open the app and try to push on your buddy or trainer quickly. Repeat until you don’t crash. (approximately 1-4 tries should be enough) (also special thanks to u/LordMaedhros and u/fugueplayer for the idea to push as fast as possible)Detailed Version: Your best bet is to not be moving, have no Pokémon spawned nearby, and to firmly use a single push (not too short or long of a tap) directly on your buddy once the game has fully loaded. Optimal time is 2.5-4 seconds (counting the time it takes to accept the warning message) after loading (3/4 chance) but I’ve had success with 7, 12, and longer times (even catching a Pokémon and spinning a stop once). Clicking too fast is generally not good, but I was still getting almost half of my attempts under 1 second to work.Explanation and data: I wanted to change my buddy. I noticed that pushing on it would sometimes allow me to do so, but I didn’t really try because I got what I wanted and assumed that I would just get a crash almost every time. After restarting my game 55 times, I realized that the worst part of this bug, for me at least, was that I didn’t even bother trying because I assumed my game would crash, and it seemed like whenever I tried I did get a crash. When I collected data, I realized that I was getting the game to open my buddy screen 37% of the time. Not too shabby and it showed me I have confirmation bias like everyone else.“But u/Danielsaid, what about doing X or Y? You can’t call this a study you didn’t control your variables there could just be RNG we need more research what about this other method my cousin told me works”Well fellow traveler, here’s what I did try and how many times it worked.Pushing the trainer right away after a restart (<5 seconds) - 4/8 tries workedPushing the buddy right away (<5 seconds) - 6/10Trainer after waiting for a Pokémon to appear- 3/9Buddy after Pokémon appeared- 2/10Catching a Pokémon and immediately pushing my buddy -0/3Spinning a Pokéstop within 5 seconds of game load and immediately pushing my buddy – 2/3Catching a Pokémon as soon as one appeared and spinning a stop immediately and pushing my buddy -1/2Making small fast taps towards my buddy from the right side as per this post 2/4Tapping less frequently towards the buddy 0/2Tapping towards the buddy from the bottom, up 0/2Long press on the trainer- 0/1Hatching an egg and immediately pushing on my buddy- 0/1I also kinda kept track of whether my avatar was running in the game or standing still and had 0/3 when my avatar was “moving” (thanks GPS drift) and 2/3 when he was not, but it was too hard to keep hard data on this variable as well for all the “trials”. In fact my numbers might not even add up correctly, I just covered a page in scribbles and might have missed something or messed up somewhere.Final notes: this wasn’t meant to be a rigorous study and I’ve lost interest now that I can get to my buddy page just about every time I want to, even if I’ve been playing for a while. And if I don’t get to my buddy page, I just click the buddy immediately on the restart and it usually works then. I hope you can change your buddy/view medals/customize your trainer with this advice! I also have some fun screenshots here- a glitch I’ve never seen before and my buddy as proof <3 via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2kESexl
"Need to change your buddy or view your journal? Here’s how!" "Need to change your buddy or view your journal? Here’s how!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:20 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.