Ads Top

"Niantic, please balance the rare spawns from region to region for this event"


#PokemonGO: I hate to be that guy who already complains about the event, so let it be clear: I'm really enjoying this event so far. However, it seems as though Niantic's spawn rate algorithm has been altered this time around. In short, all the regions that already had a fair amount of the rare pink Pokemon already spawning just get more of them. The ones that are very rare to the region still don't spawn in that much more frequently.So basically, the New England Region I'm living in, which already had spawned 2-3 Lickitungs a day is now spawning in a ton of them. However, I've kept a close eye on the area I live in (which has a lot of spawn points) and I've only seen one Chansey all day. By contrast, out in Vegas where Chansey is only somewhat rare is now overwhelmed with Chanseys. If you want a comparison between the spawn rates between regions, you can check out PhillyPokeMap, NYCPokeMap, and VegasPokeMap and see how different the spawn rates are.The event isn't going to bring as many people back to the game if they can't get the harder to find Pokemon in their region. The reason the Halloween and Starter events were so exciting was that it gave people access to Pokemon not as available in their regions, and the spawn rates were pretty consistent across all regions. I personally was really stoked for some Chanseys, but only caught one over the course of 8 hours. My mom was super excited to catch a Chansey, and now I'm worried she might not even catch one by the time the event is over.I know this sounds needy since the event just dropped. However, the only reason I'm bringing this up so early is that Niantic still has the chance to tinker with the spawn rates. I'm not asking for Chansey and Porygon to be super common on the East Coast, nor for Lickitung to be super common on the West Coast. I'm just hoping the out-of-region spawns become a little more common (especially since I'm about to get hit by a huge snowstorm).I really enjoy Pokemon Go, and I realize it's hard work, so I don't want to complain too much, but I think just a slight alteration to the current spawn rates would make a good event even better. Niantic, if you see this post, please consider making such an alteration. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2kJTZYe
"Niantic, please balance the rare spawns from region to region for this event" "Niantic, please balance the rare spawns from region to region for this event" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:55 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.