Ads Top

"Reflections from level 30 - craving more content"


#PokemonGO: I always treated level 30 as some sort of milestone in this game. I'm sure many of the travelers here are far beyond this achievement, but I'm proud that I finally got there yesterday as a somewhat, but not super extreme hardcore player since launch.The purpose of this post is to share reflections about how I got here, and to ask for some advice. To be honest, I feel like I've kind of "beaten the game" and desperately want new motivation to keep playing.I've spent somewhere around $100 on the game. Buying mostly incubators, but also plenty of lucky eggs. I don't have my complete regional Pokedex. The only Pokemon I'm missing are:AlakazamFarfetch'dMukHitmonchanChanseyKangaskhanMr. MimeKabutoKabutops3 Legendary birds and Mewtwo (obviously)Caught 139/Seen 146Out of the babies, I do have Pichu, Magby, and Smoochum.Right now I don't feel great motivation to get the rest. Turning on the game and grinding every day was what helped me reach level 30, but to get these missing entries, I feel like they're few and far between and I don't think it's realistic that I'm just going to find a nice Chansey on my way to work.I've been in and out of the gyms, and earned my fair share of coins through actual gameplay instead of buying them. I do wish however that NPCs could get involved. I really don't have too many complaints about the gym system, but I do think it needs to be spruced up a little to be more interesting. I would really want an event centered around gym gameplay.I never thought I'd be saying this because I'm a "genwunner" but now that I've hit 30, I'm ready for the full second generation. I think it would give me reason to open up the game and grind every day. Right now I just don't have that motivation. All of a sudden, I feel the desire to grind my way to a Typhlosion or Tyranitar.Oddly enough one of my favorite aspects of the game has been the lucky egg spree. It's kind of a mindless activity in some ways, but sitting down after a long day of grinding, having a beer on the couch and evolving everything was something I really looked forward to. Now I don't know if I'll get the same pleasure leveling my way up to 31, knowing that these lucky egg sprees won't result in any new Pokedex entries. I do have Alakazam and Muk to grind for, but those small prizes seem so far away.I walk my dog a lot and I also run a lot for sport, which is one reason I've been successful at the game. I imagine these are the things that will keep me turning on the game on a daily basis since I hit 30 yesterday. I don't play with a PoGo+, but I really think that buying one could help revitalize my interest in the game and change the gameplay to keep it fresh.I really think/hope Niantic really ramps it up again this upcoming spring and summer. I anticipate somewhat of a re-launch with gen 2 and perhaps some new gaming content. I can't imagine they're all just over there sitting and doing nothing all winter. I need some new content and reasons to play.Speaking of events, I must say that I was absolutely dedicated to the game during all of the events. I was 100% sure to take full advantage of them. Having consistent events, to me, is very important for the success of the game moving forward. Similarly, the introduction of daily bonuses has also been a motivator to open the game every day.And that leads me into a little problem... I am enjoying my treasure (items) from hitting 30, but that has also put me way over my max items. I don't want to waste all the great items I've finally built up (after many experiences of having 0 pokeballs). But I can't get daily bonuses or even spin a Pokestop until I use 50-60 items which is kind of lame. No daily bonuses for a while.It's also sad to see that none of my friends are really playing anymore. I don't run into random people and talk about Pokemon anymore. I don't really talk about the game with anyone anymore irl which is sort of disappointing.Grinding for XP and reaching 30 has been a huge goal for a while and it feels great to reach it, but now I need a new goal. Reaching 40 simply doesn't seem possible. 40 doesn't have the same allure and sense of achieve-ability that 30 has.So anyways thanks for reading my somewhat scattered reflection. And a huge thank you to all the travelers on here doing research and providing information that have made me a successful trainer. Again... THANK YOU! My question for the community: how did you stay motivated to play after a big milestone like 30? What keeps you opening the game every day? I feel like I've "beaten the game" and I'm not as excited to play now. How hard can it be to add some fun new activities like a random NPC battle once in a while or even training against your own Pokemon?TLDR - Pumped to have grinded to 30, but what's next? Don't have all the Pokemon yet (caught 139) but feeling like there aren't a whole lot of exciting goals left in the game. What's your motivation to keep playing past level 30?Edit: little bit of formatting via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2l9BATC
"Reflections from level 30 - craving more content" "Reflections from level 30 - craving more content" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:10 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.