Ads Top

"This Weekend was so Magical for Me"


#PokemonGO: I've been playing since launch as a casual+ player. I'm not a hardcore player but I play more than a casual. It all started Thursday night when I got off work. I always have the music off but just so happened to turn it on that evening. My first time hearing the music paired with the first shadows of gen II gave me goosebumps. Made me glad I hadn't heard the new night time music yet.This was my 3 day weekend so I had lots of time to dedicate to experience gen II. I'm a genwunner so I knew zilch about gen II. Friday was beautiful, 70 degrees on my first day off. Me and my fiance spent the afternoon walking around town catching anything we could. She had to go to work but I continued playing, getting to know these new Pokemon.Today was the icing on the cake. I've been walking a Machoke since November and they are very rare where I live. Also, Magikarp aren't very common either but I know where to find 1 or 2 daily. Still, after 7 months I feel like I'm the only person in my city that doesn't have a Gyarados. I was shy 80 candies for my Gyarados and 15 shy for my Machop. I woke up at 6am and decided today I was going to bike and grind them. I biked about 22 miles nonstop, walking my buddy and catching a Magikarp about every 20 minutes. During my grind I caught and hatched a lot new Pokemon. Finally, about 6:30pm I needed only one more Karp but it just wouldn't spawn. It was getting cold and dark plus my battery was dying. I was getting anxious and frustrated. Also, my Machoke only need one more candy. I pressed on and pedaled through the cold wind. Finally, a little after 7pm, the last Magikarp. My hands were so cold and numb. It was hard to throw curve balls and I Razz Ultra'd it just in case. I did it, I finally have enough for a Gyarados.I pedaled back to my car and got the last candy for my Machamp. I have yet to evolve either of them lol. I don't want this moment to end. About 5 minutes from home I decided to park downtown just in case. I'm fortunate enough to live in a city with probably 20 gyms and almost 100 stops. Another shadow appeared on my radar. It was a Snubull! One more new Pokemon before I head home, with 4% battery. What a great way to end an amazing weekend!Rather anyone reads this or not I just felt like typing it out and I'd like to hear how your weekend went as well. Here are a few pics of my journey today. http://ift.tt/2m2nBQL < the last magikarphttp://imgur.com/RuEeGEj via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2lYRyVm
"This Weekend was so Magical for Me" "This Weekend was so Magical for Me" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:34 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.