Ads Top

"How has Pokémon changed your life?"


Because the series has been around such a long time, for myself and many others, we grew up and remained fans. I'm curious to hear how it's changed other people's lives for the better!The Pokémon games have helped me through some dark times. I first started watching the show when I was about 4, and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of 8. Pokémon reminds me of happier times in my life, before I got sick all the time. I would (and still do) play the games during every hospital stay, and I could lose myself in Celadon City or a gym battle rather than worrying about when my next IV or blood draw was scheduled.In college, I have been in the hospital every semester so far and missed a lot of class work, even having to drop some classes as a result. I often spiraled into a dark place afterwards, feeling inferior for not being able to keep up. But when I was replaying the old games, I went to the Cerulean Bridge (the one leading to Bill's house where you fight all the trainers).It's a really small, insignificant quote in the game, but it stuck with me whenever I felt like I wasn't good enough:"I did my best. I have no regrets!" via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2pVISxR
"How has Pokémon changed your life?" "How has Pokémon changed your life?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:13 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.