Ads Top

"Just a little story I hope is ok to share."


#PokemonGO: I'm a mom to a 2 1/2 year old daughter. She had a gross motor delay when PoGo came out last year and had just began walking. At the time it was easier for me to play more often since she wasn't as mobile as other kids her age. She sat on my lap spinning stops and popping the bubbles.She's since been diagnosed with high functioning autism and is testing at cognitively 5 years old. Now she wants to run around and play with every older kid she sees. She has her own PoGo account and loves walking her buddy Spinarak. She gets super excited when she manages to take out (only) the bottom defender and happily places "Mousey" in the gym. She will ignore a Blissey to catch a "Snakey". But she really wants a "Giant Dragon".Right now in our town some of the buses and trains have an advertisement for Thomas the tank. She has always called the train the Thomas train but now it really is the Thomas train to her. There's also been frequent ads on PBS kids for a character from Daniel Tigers Neighborhood who is going to make an appearance at a free event this week. She lights up when she sees both the bus/train ads and the TV ads.I mention this because next week I will be 40. Its been a long time since I got excited over an advertisement. And I don't think I ever shared the same joy at choosing a buddy Pokemon and only the first time I took a gym did I feel the same sense of pride she feels. I mean even catching rares I already have doesn't bring the same sense of excitement her 100th pidgey brings her.But I did play Pokemon when it came out, I mean Gen 1. I was past childhood, in that weird part where your now legally an adult but you still feel like a child. Its not like a switch goes off and you turn 18 and now your an adult. Time makes you one though and you forgot what its like to be a kid.I'm reliving my childhood though her and with Pokemon Go it makes it easier to be a kid again. I hope people remember this when complaining about the gyms or that gen 3 isn't out. In the end it's a game and it should bring us the same joy it brings my daughter and all the other kids who play. There's so much "missing" still from the game but to her it's just perfect. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2pWguvy
"Just a little story I hope is ok to share." "Just a little story I hope is ok to share." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:39 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.