Ads Top

"I've always hated Pokemon, but..."


... I want to give it a try.(First time posting on this sub, on mobile, forgive formatting, etc)I've never liked Pokemon. When it became popular in my town, I was just beginning my pre-teen goth phase and, to me anyway, Pokemon seemed too juvenile and cheery for my taste. While the goth phase passed in time, that prejudice against Pokemon lasted the years. But now...I have an 11-year-old step daughter. And she loves Pokemon. Early on, I was kinda vocal about my disdain for her favorite thing in the world. But she's such a great kid, and I want to connect with her better. So... I'm willing to learn.I already know a handful of basic information I've gleaned over years of seeing Pokemon-related things on TV and social media, but I never really paid attention. But this kid knows everything. She has the cards, and several incarnations of DS games, she watches the shows... I don't know where to start. I want to be able to play something with her, should I learn the card game? Video games? I know I could learn how to play from various internet sources, but I wanted to come to you, the Reddit community, for advice... via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2rGZ1Xi
"I've always hated Pokemon, but..." "I've always hated Pokemon, but..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.