Ads Top

"[STORY] An Apology (but Also a HUGE Thank You) to the Texas Aggie Instinct Team"


#PokemonGO: So my job has me traveling quite a bit, so I've tried to, wherever I go, take a screenshot of m' boy Sandslash in a local gym, but not just any gym; one to remember the trip by. With the gym rework coming, I wasn't sure when I'd be able to do it while I'm in College Station, TX, so I set out tonight to find a recognizable A&M landmark, which also led me to the question "How the heck does Niantic determine what's a gym and what's a stop?" There were so many stops that really should be gyms, and, honestly, most of the gyms should be stops (I guess all in my opinion, but I digress). I tried the actual University sign, and I think something next to it was a gym, but the sign wasn't. So then I figured Kyle Field HAS to be a gym! I thought wrong. Really the only thing I could find that would really count as a readily identifiable landmark gym was the Giant Aggie Ring. It was a Level 10 controlled by Instinct, and since I'm Mystic and had the supplies, taking it wouldn't be an issue, but once I saw what was inside, I was really excited to fight it, but really felt terrible tearing it down. I don't think there was a single Big 7 in the gym, and nothing repeated. It almost seemed as if they tried to get just about every type into it. This may not have been the exact order they were in, but it was something like: Aerodactyl; Sunflora; Charizard; Tauros; Steelix; Lapras; Golem; Feraligatr; Heracross; and, to top it all off, Scizor, and all of them were between about 1700 and 2600 CP. It felt like vandalism, dismantling such a beautiful departure from the status quo, and for that, I am truly sorry. But I also want to say thank you, Aggie Instincts, for doing your part to make the gym scene interesting. If it wasn't for the picture, I would've shown my appreciation with my Houndoom. I sincerely hope that the gym rework either makes diverse gyms like these common, or at least encourages diversity between different gyms. Thank you for dynamic battles the gym provided, and again, I sincerely apologize for taking down your wonderful gym. (Also, if I remember correctly, shoutout to u/somepersonsomewhere for being apart of that gym) via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2sucTcl
"[STORY] An Apology (but Also a HUGE Thank You) to the Texas Aggie Instinct Team" "[STORY] An Apology (but Also a HUGE Thank You) to the Texas Aggie Instinct Team" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.