Ads Top

"I had a positive experience with a player from another team, and it's likely it will continue to happen."


#PokemonGO: After work yesterday, I drove home and started making my usual rounds to snag some stops, catch some Eevee, and feed my Pokémon.I stopped by the gym last, and noticed there was less than ten minutes until a Tier 2 raid began, so I figured I'd stick around and try for some candy and maybe a TM.As I pulled into parking lot, I noticed that all of my gym's Pokémon were low on motivation, so I broke out my Golden berries and set about my task.That's when I saw him. A kid, maybe around fourteen, sitting behind the building on his phone. So I got out and approached him, asking if he was there for the raid. He said yeah, but he hasn't done one before and didn't know how it worked.I explained it to him, what the possibilities were for Tier 2, the rewards, and asked what team he was with. Instinct. I'm with Mystic I told him, and he was visibly saddened. I explained we could still team up, and I'd give him a hand as I'm eight levels his senior. He was pleased with this, and then asked if I was the one feeding the Pokémon on the gym.Turns out, he was trying to take the gym. I felt terrible as I had just erased all of his progress on the gym, so I told him to have at it when he has the materials to do so. I informed the others in the gym later on and they agreed that his fun was more important than holding the gym, so we are all backing off for now.Anyways, the raid boss ended up being a Muk, and he lost his mind and got excited. We cleaned house, he caught his new Pokémon, and thanked me for my help. I told him I'd see him around, gave him my spare portable charger, and off I went.At the end of the day, I had more fun helping this kid from another team than I've had in the game previously, and I'm hoping to see him progress in levels and give me a good fight in the future.To those of you out there who hold this mentality, thanks for being good people.Edit: Whoa. This blew up. Thanks for all the positive responses! Really though, I just enjoy seeing other Trainers have a good time, and if I can facilitate that, I do. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2sa728a
"I had a positive experience with a player from another team, and it's likely it will continue to happen." "I had a positive experience with a player from another team, and it's likely it will continue to happen." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:46 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.