Ads Top

"Is the curveball glitch maybe messing up with my raid catch rate by 20%?"


#PokemonGO: I’ve being noticing that sometimes the curveballs I throw are not being registered when the summary of the catch comes out. I also noticed that some PoGo vlogers like Trainer Tips were also affected by the glitch. Then I realised that now that curveballs are critically important for catching legendary maybe the glitch is, in some measure, affecting their already low catch rate.So I decided to take a look at that and went off to catch 100 Pokémon of all kinds, using curveballs only, in order to have an estimate of how often the glitch was happening. I knew that 100 Pokémon were not, by no means, a representative sample to have an accurate statistical number but if the results were meaningful enough they could help to have an idea if the glitch was messing with the legendary catch rate.This is what I found:-19 out of the 100 curveballs catches were not registered. -The glitch seamed to happen in batches, many curveballs registered correctly one after another and then 3 or 4 miss registrations in a row.I was very thorough to register only the obvious curveballs catches. I also avoided Pidgeys, Rattatas, Weedles and any other small Pokémon that are very hard to throw a curve ball to. There's no way to know how many of the throws that didn't end up in catches were miss registered as curveballs.Assuming that this "reaserch" is correct, to me 20% seems like a lot considering that legendary catch rate is at best 23% WITH curveballs and maximum 14% WITHOUT them.For such a big game Pokemon Go has A LOT of glitches that mostly go against the players.What do you think?(Also, please forgive my lousy English) via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2w0kRvD
"Is the curveball glitch maybe messing up with my raid catch rate by 20%?" "Is the curveball glitch maybe messing up with my raid catch rate by 20%?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 20:55 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.