Ads Top

"20 years ago I was a real-life gym leader for toys r us"


In my younger days I worked at toys r us for a few years, and we had events where kids would bring their deck and battle a couple of us. They had a stamp card and if they beat us they would get a stamp. I don't remember what happened when they filled up the stamp card. I didn't like the game at all, I barely knew the rules, and my deck was borrowed from another leaders leftover cards and it sucked. Once Yellow came out I played it and fell in love with the video games, but the card game never clicked with me.If I could re-live that time I would have such a blast! I definitely had fun battling the kids and watching their smiles as I stamp their cards. Also, I'd keep the stamp and punch card and Pokemon deck if I knew I was going to be playing the games for the next 20ish years.If you ever wondered why gym leaders are so easy in the video games, it's because possibly it's just a job, they just want to go to break, and they might actually not even like the game, lol.Did any of you ever show up as kids and battle us? via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2j2qEZ2
"20 years ago I was a real-life gym leader for toys r us" "20 years ago I was a real-life gym leader for toys r us" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 15:26 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.