Ads Top

"How I missed my international flight trying to catch Zangoose, then caught him at the airport!"


#PokemonGO: Hi! I just spent the last three months holidaying and touring in North and South America. A lot of this ended up being pokemon tourism, I always had my go+ on me to help me catch everything, spin every gym I could and in the end I caught every regional I could, Tauros in California, Corsola and Heracross in Peru.Two days before I'm due to head back to Australia Gen III drops. I was stuck in northern California in Modoc County and not too many pokemon spawn up there. I found out that there were two new regional pokemon (Plusle and Zangoose) that I might not be able to get again for a long time, until they do another pokemon go travel event or similar.That night I went looking around the town and managed to find a plusle! I was so happy. The next morning at 6am I would be leaving Modoc county and heading down to San Fransisco Airport. I thought I had plenty of time to stop by at Redding and try my luck for a Zangoose before leaving for good.Time was on my side and I stopped at Redding and ended up spending roughly an hour and a half eating and going around the Mt Shasta mall area looking for Zangoose and failing miserably. I think I caught two or three Plusle while looking for Zangoose, it was not looking good at all. I had spent too long and decided I should start to continue my drive and possibly I could go+ it while driving through San Fransisco.When I checked the time I realised I would only make it to my flight with an hour to check in! This was not part of the plan, I should have had more time to check in and spent too long in Redding without realising my time constraints!I panicked and left immediately. About two hours left until I arrive at SFO I really had to pee, however due to my time I decided to hold it in. This isn't terribly important to the story but it was definitely occupying a lot of my thinking space at the time.Due to traffic and such, taking two wrong turns going into the airport and trying to drop off my rental car I was ridiculously cutting it close. Once I was at the airport I had the crazy idea to run an incense to possibly spawn a Zangoose. While waiting for the trains to take me to the right terminal a Plusle spawned due to incense! This gave me a little hope I could get a Zangoose to spawn too.I finally arrive at the desk to check in my luggage and receive my boarding pass and predictably am told that I am too late. She actually told me if I was six minutes earlier she could have rushed me through the process, however she could not at this time. She could get me onto another flight though. Suddenly I thought I had more time to catch the zangoose. If I could get a flight leaving tomorrow that gives me a whole new day in a big city full of spawns to catch what I need.I ended up however getting a flight that departed in three hours. I was conflicted, happy to still be going home on time but devasted that I would not get my Zangoose. I went to the appropriate check in place, went through the scanners and was driven by bus to a separate terminal building with six pokestops and a gym and an hour and a half till my plane departed.I decided to do one last crazy scheme before I departed. I had over 1100 coins, so I bought an ultra box and after I took over the gym, just because, I set up lures on four of the pokestops and applied an incense. I watched two more plusle spawn, one from the incense and one from the lure. This inspired me to continue. The first round expired and I re-applied more lures and bought another incense. This entire time I was pacing back and forward along the terminal with all my carry-ons with me and a phone hooked up to a power bank in my pocket. It was fun! I was also holding my go+, it was doing all my catches for me unless it was yellow and I would manually catch the new pokemon. I had already caught two new pokemon in this process when suddenly the third popped up at around the twenty minute mark of the second round. My heart skipped a beat when out popped Zangoose from a lured pokestop!!With 40 minutes left until I leave America forever I caught the last regional I needed to catch. I was so relieved. I simply turned pokemon go off and sat down and waited for my flight. I was done, Goodbye US that was fun but I got all I needed from you ;)TLDR: Had a 6 hour commute with some spare time, used up all the spare time failing to catch a zangoose and missed my international flight home. While waiting the extra time I was given for the next flight managed to catch Zangoose by luring a pokestop. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2AMZDRr
"How I missed my international flight trying to catch Zangoose, then caught him at the airport!" "How I missed my international flight trying to catch Zangoose, then caught him at the airport!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:13 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.