Ads Top

"My little Pokemon Christmas story"


I have been playing pokemon since I can remember. Blue was the first game my parents bought me, the anime was one of my favourite shows, I even had the cardgames and played with them instead of just liking their pictures like most of my friends did. I got all games, started playing competitively with X.But I grew older and started to see the games less as adventures and more like an elaborate game of chess or go. That was, until we visited friends a few days ago. We sat in a restaurant and next to me was the son of our friends, maybe 8 years old. At some point, instead of taking out a phone, he started sorting his pokemon cards. He looked at me and saw me smiling, to which he replied: "Do you know pokemon?" I answered: "yeah, a bit". So he handed me half of his cards and told me to sort them by type ("those symbols there tell you which type it is"). While we were sorting, he told me about his favorite cards and explained roughly how to play.After we were done, he looked over his stacks of sorted cards (which took over most of the table by this point), he nodded and took three off those stacks. "I've got them twice, so I'll give you these."The joy he has with pokemon reminded me of myself when I was his age.I was tearing up a little and promptly got some booster packs, gave them to his mom to give them to him on christmas eve. Let's hope that this new generation of players will find the joy we found in the last 20 years.Merry christmas to everyone :D via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2pnXYjl
"My little Pokemon Christmas story" "My little Pokemon Christmas story" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:28 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.