Ads Top

"Pokemon Power Up Planning - Help? (or: Should I Really Care About Breakpoints?)"


#PokemonGO: [I've been trying to wrap my mind around this on my own for a while, then tried to consult my local raiding chat group and didn't get a comprehensive enough answer, so I'm gonna try my luck here.]I'm a level 33 player, pretty casual, but trying my best to be smart about it (especially since during my early days I had no idea what I was doing and made some really terrible decisions). Not too hardcore into raiding, mostly content with doing one raid a day - usually legendary ones, but tier 4 is acceptable too. I haven't got many strong pokemon, unfortunately (have still got only 1 Gyarados, for instance).Now, my issue is with powering up my pokemon. I used to do it pretty chaotically. Then I became aware of IVs, so I started only powering up my highest IV pokemon. Then I heard from one guy I did a raid with, that after a pokemon reached level 30, the effects of power up become less significant. So I thought, great, now my goal is to get all my high end IV pokemon to at least level 30, and then maybe maximize my absolute best ones after that. And for a while I thought that was that.Then I became aware of the concept of breakpoints.Now here's the thing - breakpoints are about specific raid bosses, right? But I don't want to specialize in specific raid bosses (especially as those get switched around periodically - specifically legendaries, and I do those raids the most). So, if I don't look to specialize in specific bosses - and don't have the pokemon to spare for that either (ie an army of perfect Machamps, etc) - then should I pay any attention to this whole concept, at all? Or should I keep going with my level 30 plan thingy? Or should I try to ditch the level 30 thing, and maximize all my best pokemon?tl;dr - need help forming a tactic for how to power up my pokemon, which pokemon to power up, to which level to power them up, etc. The whole spiel. Confused about breakpoints, not sure if I should care about them. Feel like I'm missing something very basic/simple, so ELI5-ing will be appreciated. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jao3fS
"Pokemon Power Up Planning - Help? (or: Should I Really Care About Breakpoints?)" "Pokemon Power Up Planning - Help? (or: Should I Really Care About Breakpoints?)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:44 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.