Ads Top

"Random Acts Of Kindness And Our Reactions Towards Them"


I never had truly tried to complete a pokedex before Sun/Moon came out, I think it was mostly because the number of pokemon I would need to do so intimidated me quite a lot. However, for some reason in this gen I finally gathered the courage to take on this challenge, it was then when I found my biggest obstacle, item trade evolutions.Not having any other games nor consoles to trade with myself, no close friends that also liked to play Pokémon, and being too shy to ask some random stranger on the internet to trade Pokémon with me in forums like this, I found myself mostly stuck. Some I managed to get through SOS, like Politoed, but the rest were still missing. After a long time of wonder-trading and constantly looking at the GTS in hopes of finding one of those evos offered for something I had with absolutely no success, I started to feel like giving up. I’m not sure when I did it, but before I took a 3-month break from the games I placed a Feebas with a Prism scale in the GTS asking for a Milotic, even if I sincerely had no hopes of anyone trading me a pokemon they had only to get that same Pokémon back.When I came back from my break I decided to check the GTS again to check on the missing mons I still needed for my dex, I had forgotten completely about the Feebas I had in it, so you can guess how surprised and happy I was when I received the Milotic (I wish I could post here the name to properly thank the trainer, as I still keep the Milotic that was given to me. However, the name is in Korean)I felt really moved by the kind gesture, and since then I like to get on the GTS at least once every week, once daily if I’m actively playing like now, and look up and trade with people in the GTS that have pre-evos with the corresponding evolution item attached to them asking for the evolved Pokémon that I already have, and create kind of a “chain” by getting the pokemon, evolving it, trading it for another one and repeat until I run out of the pre-evo with the item requesting their evolved forms.From my point of view is like a way of saying “Thank you” to the trainer that gave me the Milotic, as well as a way to let other people share the same happiness I had when that happened to me. Also, that was one of the main reasons I decided to get over my shyness and come around to forums like this.Now you know my story, maybe you also have one you would like to share? via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2BkYzoj
"Random Acts Of Kindness And Our Reactions Towards Them" "Random Acts Of Kindness And Our Reactions Towards Them" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:01 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.