Ads Top

"Scary bug: game pretends to reset after changing language, allows to change username."


#PokemonGO: Hi, I wonder if it ever happened to anyone, and if it's dangerous, i.e. if the game may actually reset after changing unrelated Android settings?My setup: Android LG G3, English, apk 0.83.3 (the incident happened yesterday). The sequence of events:I changed the phone language to German to test my localization of a simple app for an Android development course.It occurred to me to check how Pokemon Go looks in German. I started the app and was presented with the license agreement. Accepted it, everything was ok. I browsed through the storage, giggled at weird Pokemon names, and decided that it would be too confusing, especially when the Gen 3 is about to appear, with all the new names.Back to work; changed the language back to English, did some more stuff with the sample app.Back to PoGo for a routine check. It restarted (which it does, most of the time, when left on the background with a few more apps running), and there is Prof. Willow, with the instructions for the new user! showing me around, asking me to customize my appearance, catch my 1st pokemon, and to select my username?!Closed the app and restarted. Prof. Willow is still here. No logout button, no access to my bag and stuff.PANIC!!! I'm level 39, more than halfway to level 40, with a lot of strong powered-up mons, and some of them I'm particularly attached to. I think, if I have to restart the game from scratch, I'll just quit.To make sure that it's not a problem of a different authentication method, I uninstalled the app and installed again from the Play Store. Logged in with my PTC account.Prof. Willow is still here. With a heavy heart, I went through the whole process. Picked some throwaway username, caught the starter Charmander...And found myself level 39 again! With my Tyranitar buddy, and a new username.While I was catching my breath, Prof. Willow dropped by again and asked casually "What did you say you were called, again?"I tried to pick my old username, because that's how other players know me, but it was unavailable. After trying out a few variations, settled on changing one character.And they lived happily ever after. All my stuff is intact, all my mons, and even the new starter Charmander. But I'm still worried... what was all that about? And I'm a bit scared, every time when I see the loading screen...TL;DR: after changing Android language, game seems to reset: goes through the intro sequence and lets me pick another username; but in the end, it doesn't reset. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2BXKeOw
"Scary bug: game pretends to reset after changing language, allows to change username." "Scary bug: game pretends to reset after changing language, allows to change username." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:38 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.