"[Question] If you got coins for attacking gyms as well, would it change the current "meta"? And would you change the way you play any differently?"

#PokemonGO: So, I'm expecting it not to be popular since it can be easier for some people to get 50 coins, almost impossible for others to break 5 coins daily. But hear me out.This may be more applicable for high turnover areas, as I know various more rural areas could easily hold onto Pokemon for days.But currently, you have not much incentives to take a gym down besides both trainer XP and badge XP. Also, if you do, you get the big reward of being first in line to be attacked (cough or shaved cough). I've had more coins from free-riding onto other people taking a gym down. Which seems contrary to promoting gameplay, where inactivity rewards more with lesser cost (i.e. potions, time)Another way to reward trainers for attacking would be nice. If giving coins for attacking is too "overpowering", some other form of reward would be nice.In short, I do think the current gym system rewards defending and not enough on attacking. As a player that loves attacking gyms, it is super demotivating to take a gym down, and have your Pokemon swarmed with attacks in less than 10 minutes. I know that ~2k XP and some badge XP is a "reward", but both can be easily made through other ways (i.e. mass evolve, doing raids).tl;dr: There aren't sufficient rewards for attacking as there are for just throwing golden razz berries. If more incentives were given to attacking gyms, would you attack more or still fall back on 8 hours 20 mins daily for 50 coins? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2ppa5cG
"[Question] If you got coins for attacking gyms as well, would it change the current "meta"? And would you change the way you play any differently?"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
23:03
Rating:


No comments