Ads Top

"Alternative Nuzlocke Idea: Trainerlocke"


Ok so the other day while I was playing SW/SH, I had an idea (If someone has already come up with this or something like it, sorry about that but I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet).I like the basic concept of a nuzlocke, where pokemon die permanently when they faint, but I've always been discouraged from doing one because of the "first one you encounter, you catch" rule. I don't like not knowing what my party will look like, even if it does add some challenge.So, I've come up with a set of rules, similar to a nuzlocke, that I'm calling a trainerlocke.To start, choose a trainer from the pokemon series. It can be anyone who has battled with pokemon, whether in the anime, game, manga, or whatever. Go onto bulbapedia and find out which pokemon that trainer has used in battle before. Write down/keep track of those pokemon. For the entirety of your trainerlocke playthrough, you may catch 1 of each of the pokemon that the trainer you've chosen has used in battle. Once one of your pokemon has been KOed, it is dead and cannot be used.A few technicalities you might run into: your given starter pokemon is an exception and can be used even if the trainer you chose doesn't use it. If your selected trainer has used an evolved pokemon but not the pre-evolution, you may only catch and use the evolved form that is used by the trainer. If your selected trainer uses a pokemon that can evolve but does not use the evolved form, it is still ok to evolve that pokemon.As an example, if I were to attempt a Trainerlocke of James from Team Rocket, I would be able to catch one of each of these pokemon: Mime Jr, Carnivine, Inkay, Cacnea, Growlithe, Chimecho, Koffing, Magikarp, Weepinbell, Maraenie, Yamask, Amoongus, and Hoppip. I would be able to Evolve the Koffing, Magikarp, Weepinbell, Maraenie, Yamask, Mime Jr, Inkay, Cacnea, Growlithe, and Hoppip even though James hasn't used most of their evolved forms, but I would not be able to catch a Foongus, because James has only ever used an Amoongus. I would have to find and catch a wild Amoongus instead. Also, I know in the new Journeys Anime Team Rocket gets to use a pokemon gatchapon and James uses a ton of different pokemon from that, but I'm not counting those because he didn't catch them.Trainers definitely vary in difficulty. Someone like Ilima, the Normal Type trial captain from Sun/Moon would be insanely difficult, having only Yungoos, Smeargle, and Komala; whereas Ash would be pretty easy, having used plenty of different kinds of pokemon.Anyway, I thought this might be a fun idea to make the woefully easy pokemon games a bit more challenging and enjoyable. Any and all critique is welcomed. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3aiq1Vl
"Alternative Nuzlocke Idea: Trainerlocke" "Alternative Nuzlocke Idea: Trainerlocke" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.