Ads Top

"Shiny Legendaries or the return of raid pressure"


#PokemonGO: Hello the Road.I was wondering if I were the only one feeling not so happy about the implementation of Shiny Legendaries in PoGo.As you all know, Lugia just got a brand new shiny version in the game. When Legendaries were first introduced, Niantic made them available on a one-week rotation basis (for the 3 gen-1 birds), thus creating a lot of raid pressure / raid fatigue because people didn't want to miss out on them. One week was a way too short time-window to organise raids and get RNG on our side.Then, Niantic decided to go on a 1-month rotation with the dogs, Kyogre and Groudon. That gave us much more time to get the current legendary on rotation, and it was a relief for those of us who couldn't raid that much. As far as I'm concerned, raid pressure was gone because I knew one month was more than enough for me to get enough tries to get the legendary, even if I was very unlucky on the catches.However, now Niantic just introduced a shiny legendary available for ~20 days only. I've done 24 Lugia raids this week-end. That's more than I've ever done for any legendary Pokémon. I still haven't got my shiny (and I missed the catch on a 100% IVs on top of that). I'm starting to feel this annoying raid pressure again as I won't be able to raid as much for the next two weeks and getting a shiny is so RNG-dependent that I don't feel confident in the fact that I'll get one by the end of the rotation. Fact is, I hate missing on limited time event content, and Lugia has always been my favorite Pokémon and I'd be so salty to miss it.I understand that it's better for Niantic to add something new on returning Legendaries (so that players who already got them would spent more $$$ to get that new shiny asset or whatever they add to them) but to me, it'll just add raid pressure as I'll feel somewhat forced to raid until I get the shiny ; and I hate when the time-window is so small when RNG is so much involved.Anyone else feeling this way ? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2pnc1TR
"Shiny Legendaries or the return of raid pressure" "Shiny Legendaries or the return of raid pressure" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:28 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.