Ads Top

"Has anyone else been getting random lag spikes lately?"


#PokemonGO: The last few days I've noticed random bits of lag spikes where the game refuses to load/capture/spin/do anything. Today it was especially bad, and I know its the server and not just me after today, because during our EX, then entire group had to back out 3 times to get the first round because it lagged. The second group had to back out twice. During both of my girlfriends mewtwo catches (2 different devices), it lagged so bad it booted her out of the encounter and she had to go back in and continue catching after it refused to berry (maybe just a visual glitch? not sure) and ate a ball (she got them both thankfully).I'm in the los angeles area, so maybe its just local lagging. It would be nice to figure out though so we can let niantic know if there really is connection/packet loss issues so they can fix it. It's even more important now that it be fixed asap if it's not just a LA issue, considering gofest is coming up.For clarity, I'm using an S9+ that's about 2 months old, as is one of my girlfriends devices. It's most certainly not related to an old device. I had previously considered it might be a result of a bad 4g connection from my provider (verizon), but after todays EX incident, I'm convinced it's not as people there had a number of different providers.I began to notice an increase in lag spikes in the last 2 or 3 days (I forget exactly when I noticed it beginning, but that's relatively close).Edit - So it appears this is definitely not just a local issue. Multiple places in the world have been affected by the lag spikes, noticeable today by at least a couple people during today's EX raids. via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2zwHuu0
"Has anyone else been getting random lag spikes lately?" "Has anyone else been getting random lag spikes lately?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:16 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.