Ads Top

"Irony: we became ultra friends and I unfriended him in real life"


#PokemonGO: I had a friend in his late 40s who I’ve known for a long time. He lived abroad and we kept in touch. Then, he moved back but he lived in another far area of the country. He would be in city but not make an effort to meet. I get it that we grew distant. As of late, He was in the city for two months. We both played Pokémon and agreed to meet when we became Ultra friends. We met when the day came and I helped him get a Registeel by pointing out an easy to access gym inside a resto. There was no effort in the conversation to catch up. He was so fixated in the game. I told him that I needed gen 1 regionals. It was the only ones missing in my dex. His reply was that he needed a trade of the same value. As I was a casual player after gen 1, I didn’t have any shinies. He had a complete dex with at least 3 copies of each Pokémon. So, I couldn’t give him much. Yet, he didn’t have the heart to even give 1 away to a friend Cos of fairness. He also wanted to go home as quick as possible and not catch up after lookin at my dex. He kept looking at his watch. It was all about the game. So, we just traded Pikachus and I even got a lucky one. With such a short time together to catch up, I told him that I could wait while he got an Uber. He didn’t want me to wait with him and was antsy that Uber wouldn’t find him. He shouted that I didn’t need to be there and eventually stormed off to find his cab. He said sorry after. Yet, the damage has been done. I don’t need to be friends with people who only care about their digital monsters rather than the personal connection. I still give him gifts on Pokémon go. Yet, I don’t want to see him again in real life. Oh the irony.. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2mMXZZZ
"Irony: we became ultra friends and I unfriended him in real life" "Irony: we became ultra friends and I unfriended him in real life" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:26 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.