Ads Top

"I was told by r/SilphRoad to post my first EX Raid experience here..."


#PokemonGO: Direct copy and paste from r/SilphRoad, I hope you enjoy!I recently posted that I was thinking about doing my first EX Raid today (as posted here), with feedback telling me to just go for it. So I thought about it and I did.I have just returned from my 1st EX Raid, and here is how it went;I turned up about 10 minutes before it was due to start and I could not see anyone else near the gym. Fine. I will wander around to see if I can find anyone else.I spotted someone sat down on a bench outside (the gym is a small cafe) and said hello. He mentioned that 4 other people were already inside waiting. We chatted and others soon appeared from what seemed like nowhere. Walking, cycling and driving to the raid.In the run up, another 8 people appeared, all ready for a chance at Deoxys.There was casual conversation, everyone was friendly, everyone had a different background and it was great to see PoGo still bringing everyone together. People ranging from level 26 to 40, all different teams, all different Pokemon but all there for the same reason.The Raid countdown started, 14 people (including me) were ready. We talked about best counters, how much we play, how easy this raid would be.As soon as the raid started, frantic tapping started (especially from me). People had multiple phones (one person had 4) and Deoxys was taken down rather quickly.I caught Deoxys on the 2nd attempt. It is another fine addition to my collection.Once the Raid was done, everyone thanked everyone and went back to where they came from, on with their lives. It all seemed a little surreal.My Deoxys isn't high IV (ATK 12 / DEF 11 / HP 10 - 73.3%), but I don't mind, I went there for the experience, and I am so glad I did.Thank you to everyone who said to go, without that, I don't think I would have. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2CSbQHA
"I was told by r/SilphRoad to post my first EX Raid experience here..." "I was told by r/SilphRoad to post my first EX Raid experience here..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:39 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.