Ads Top

"Two players with a single Pokestop"


#PokemonGO: [STORY] Pokémon GO has definitely helped my social life and I've made a very close friend from both of us being neighbors. So a kid lives next to me,he's 15,just moved in from Missouri.Lets call him TJ. I've never talked to him because he has extreme social anxiety and he doesn't have any friends. His parents came over one day and our parents talked about us and how we both had social issues. My mom asked me if I could go meet him. I didn't want to look bad for saying no so I forced myself too.Now in my neighborhood there's one pokestop between me and the new neighbor's house. But not close enough for me to be in the house and farm from it) so I took out the game to grab some stuff from the stop. TJ also had his phone out and was in the spot where the Pokestop was.Normally I don't just approach someone on their phone next to a stop because I don't wanna look like an idiot and ask if they're playing Pokémon and it ends up they don't even have the game and roll their eyes saying "Who even plays that anymore?" (This has happened many times) But I heard the sounds from his phone so I knew.This is like a big deal to me because I never find people who still play the game in my town. Mostly because not much is around here. About two gyms nearby and 3 pokestops. (nearby as in 20 miles away)So,I introduce myself to TJ. He was super quiet and only answered my questions about him moving here pretty bluntly. "So you came from Missouri?" "Mhm." "Nice. Is it pretty there? I hear it's gorgeous in the Fall!" "yup."After a few seconds of awkward silence I ask him what he's playing and he just shows me his phone. I nod and show him mine. Literally seconds after seeing it his eyes started sparkling with his mouth wide open. That shy kid was now bouncing with excitement,asking tons about me and the game.He was like a new person. Turns out we were on the same team (Valor) and he had never met someone from his state with the game.We talked for a while and traded codes,Pokémon,and I gave him tips. Thankfully he actually played many of the games like I have from the series and wasn't just a "playing because it's 'popular' person" so we discussed things about the series too.After all this we became super close friends. His house was actually close enough to the stop where he could farm from it and he offered to take my phone and get me some stuff as well. He wouldn't bother anything in my phone,just the game. He wouldn't do anything to my pokémon without permission either. To help in return,when I went somewhere he'd let me take his phone and catch him some pokémon and take over gyms for him.We're now best friends and his parents have mentioned he's breaking out of his social anxiety and he's been able to handle the stress in social situations. I have too tbh. This game has really been a fuckin blessing to me. Thx Pokémon. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2S0Gnaq
"Two players with a single Pokestop" "Two players with a single Pokestop" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.