Ads Top

"A game where people only play when there is an event"


#PokemonGO: (Long post)With low diversity of spawns, difficulty of meeting with a group large enough to beat a legendary raid and low rates of raids (and maybe low diversity of mons in those raids), unfortunately Pokemon Go has become a game where a large amount of players will only play when there is an event going on. I mean, really play, because many people may enter the game everyday just to open gifts and complete one research.​I know it is hard to keep a game alive, and maybe Niantic is busy with the release of PVP, but I think there are ways to make the game more interesting without making it too easy to get rare pokemon or without breaking it apart.​First of all, spawns must change. I am a player that loves 1st generation and loved the events where those pokemon were focused. Nowadays, the 1st generation pokemon I see in the wild are growlithe, oddish and bellsprout. Many posts complain about spawns, as we only see slugma, gulpin, numel etc in the wild.When 4th generation was released, we got a new spawn variety, and for me it was awesome, but Niantic took it away from us (and it was an announcement that spaws would feature more variety of pokemon).I don't think the solution is to start spawning every pokemon in each corner, as if we would find 1 Dragonite, 1 Pupitar and 1 Snorlax at the same stop, but just make use of all 3 generations we all have (and mixed with current 4th gen mons we already have).​After spawns change, we can think of ways of improving raids. For me, a problem that happens is that I only get one or two hours per day to go raiding and get researches. In my lunch time, I go out, but in most days no raids are happening or only a level 4 or level 5. Those I can't beat alone, so it is almost like there was none.I think raids rates have to improve, but not only that: I think Niantic can think of ways to improve players experience, like creating a per-week-use item that can generate a raid at any gym, so players can talk and meet at a time where they can raid together, instead of wait till a day where a raid will emerge in that time.​Mini-events: we are currently in a gap where December Community Day happened and no event took place. I see people getting down to play till PVP is out. I think it would be nice to have mini-events, like a week of 1-hour lures or a week of double stardust from catching, just to make people go out and play more.Pokemon Go is a game to play together, so more diverse spawns allied to 1-hour lures would make people meet and play more.​With releasing of PVP, I think people will be back to active (but I don't know how much time). The ability to play with friends by distance is great, and will help as many players can't play because in the game you have to go out to play.Let's see if they bring other mechanics and if the game become more lively.​Sorry for long post.Let me know if you agree or disagree with me :) via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2C7VCJG
"A game where people only play when there is an event" "A game where people only play when there is an event" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.