Ads Top

"Can Pokémon be educational? What have you personally learned from it?"


Honestly, I consider Pokémon to be at least somewhat educational, especially for growing children. It might seem silly and a waste of a fixation to some people, but it can actually give some people a grasp on many subjects including science, vocabulary, and even math, if you want to look into the way the game calculates things.I got my first Pokémon game (Yellow version) when I was five years old and it improved my reading ability and vocabulary immensely. It encouraged me to read above my reading level. I saw words that are sparsely used in many other kids’ media such as “paralysis”, “constrict”, and “cerulean” to name a few. I often joke that Pokémon is the reason I can read and write today. It really did play a big part in me learning to read.Also, Pokémon prompts kids to think and memorize, be it strategy or remembering all the monsters + their abilities and what they’re strong and weak against. Some people may argue that it’s a useless skill/passion but it builds brain power and could get a kid a head start on things like critical thinking.Pokémon is also very good for the imagination in my opinion. Many times, writers and artists start from Pokémon fan works because the world of Pokémon is filled with so much possibility and is open to a lot of creative freedom.Finally, even though Pokémon fight (people argue cartoon violence is bad), there’s a recurring theme of friendship, helping others, and trying your hardest. So there’s that.I personally would like to hear things you only know because of Pokémon! (For example I learned the word “arcane” because of Arcanine) via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2QE3OJP
"Can Pokémon be educational? What have you personally learned from it?" "Can Pokémon be educational? What have you personally learned from it?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 12:36 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.