Ads Top

"Complete guide for setting up Wi-Fi in Gens 4 and 5!"


Hey guys! I thought I would post this because when I tried posting this at the beginning of the month, the AutoMod took it down because for some reason it thought I was giving away codes for events and that's only allowed in the MegaThread... Anyway, enjoy this step-by-step in-depth guide I wrote on setting up Wi-Fi in Gens 4 and 5!Gen 4 and 5 Wi-Fi is back up and running! You can battle, trade, and even receive past Mystery Gift events! This works in Gen 4 games and Gen 5 games and doesn't require any hacking, cheating, or action replays of any sort! All you need is a DS or 3DS and a Gen 4 or Gen 5 cartridge, and, well, Wi-Fi, of course. Connection capabilities may vary from person to person.All in all, it depends on the type of Wi-Fi you have, and your best chances to getting it to work are with a 3DS, though with the DS Lite it works for some and not for others. I personally tested this with Pokemon Black and it wouldn't work on my DS Lite, but it worked on my 3DS XL. With my newfound Wi-Fi connection capabilities, through Mystery Gift, I got events that were handed out in 2012, such as Fly Pikachu, V-Create and Fusion Bolt Victini, and Shiny Metagross! Here's some proof!https://ift.tt/2U0lD4p some personal research by scouting for events through Mystery Gift in Black, I have found out that there are at least 26 different events you can get in Gen 5.This doesn't work in all aspects of the game, as when I try a random battle, it says 'Communication Error,' but the case may not be the same for y'all. Game Sync also doesn't work, and apparently GTS doesn't, either. However, you can still register Friend Codes within the game itself and battle and trade with anyone as long as you've added them in the Pal Pad, even if they are halfway 'round the world! Random battles may work for some, so let me know if they work for you in Gen 5! Battle videos work, too! In order to get this all to work, it involves simply changing the DNS of your connection. On a 3DS, you'll need to change both the primary and secondary DNS. Here's a document telling you all the information you need on this topic:https://ift.tt/2AGvSC4 is the link to the video that explains how to do it on a DS:https://youtu.be/Sh0AZR-tKwMOnly some Wi-Fi connections work on a DS, but a 3DS takes all Wi-Fi connections. For a 3DS, simply pop in a Gen 5 game, go to Internet Settings, click your current Wi-Fi connection, and make it so that Auto-Obtain DNS is off. From there, input your corresponding primary and secondary DNS values! (For the secondary DNS, make sure to put two zeros before the one or the eight.) This is what worked for me on Gen 5:https://ift.tt/2U1XTx2, delete all Wi-Fi connections you have other than the one you are using for this cause. Then just hop on the game and connect! (Remember to go to the Pokemon Center for battles and trades.) Also, Gen 4 only works with Wi-Fi that doesn't have a password, so if you have data on your phone, you can set up a hotspot that can be used for Gen 4 Wi-Fi connection. If Gen 4 doesn't seem to want to work, try both primary DNS values mentioned in the document. Also, for Gen 4 you apparently have to use the Nintendo WFC setting in the start menu of the game itself to connect. :) If you have any questions, feel free to comment and ask or even PM me if you have specific questions! I'd be happy to help, and I will certainly help you to the best of my abilities! Peace ✌Edit: I tried it on Gen 4 in HeartGold with an open Wi-Fi network by connecting in the Nintendo WFC setting in the start menu of the game itself on a DS Lite and it worked perfectly!Forgot to mention, here's my post with my Gen 5 FC if anyone wants to hit me up on there for trades or battles! :) via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2rd6tM3
"Complete guide for setting up Wi-Fi in Gens 4 and 5!" "Complete guide for setting up Wi-Fi in Gens 4 and 5!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:03 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.