Ads Top

"Will spoofers always win?"


#PokemonGO: I just had my first run in with a spoofer that really left me pissed off. I'm back home for the holidays and after everyone went to bed I decided to go take the gyms at a local college campus. It took me about an hour and a half to take all the gyms but I did with no resistance. Most of the mons I knocked out had been in these gyms for at least a day Or two so I was excited to get some good gym hours in (one way the cake can stay fun after 40) So now it's 2:00am and I'm getting ready to leave the campus when I get a notification that a mon has returned. Curiosity got the best of me and I turned around and drove to where I could see who took it. To my surprise by the time I got there they had knocked down two more of the gyms I was in. I figured that they must be on foot because the only way to get to these gyms in such a short amount of time would be walk/ run and take short cuts between buildings. So I waited at the next gym in their path hoping to meet the person to maybe work out splitting the gyms on campus but to my surprise the gym I was standing at became under attack without any sign of anybody. This is when I became suspicious so immediately after they took it down and added in I began to attack it to take it back. By the time I was able to take it back they were already on the last attack on a gym at the edge of me games render distance! Because of the layout of this campus it would take a few minutes to drive there and even longer to walk. There's no way they could have gotten there in the time it took for me to take down that gym let alone get two attacks in. I'm 100% sure they were spoofing. They ended up taking 10 gyms in ~20 minuets and here's the part that upsets me the most. I reported them to niantic but on a map it wouldn't necessarily look like they were spoofing. The distances they covered in the amount of time it took them would definitely be possible if this whole area was a parking lot and they were in some super car. Niantic must look at its map in this way. Where they assume if it's possible on paper it must be possible in real life and as long as spoofers stick to this mantra I don't think we'll ever be able to get rid of them. Tl;dr a spoofer undid almost 2 hours of work in 20 minuets and I don't think there's anything we can do about it.P. S. Sorry for the long winded post but I'm hella heated. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2GooQbj
"Will spoofers always win?" "Will spoofers always win?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:19 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.