Ads Top

"I just got pulled over by three police cars and 2 undercover FBI cars for playing"


#PokemonGO: This just happened and I'm still shaken up. I was driving alone and stopped at a few local gyms and stops. I played the whole afternoon, most of the time was spent parked downtown where i stayed in my car reading and spun the stops when they came up. This is in Nashua, NH. I even made sure to pay all my meters before 7:00 even on quick stops. I was just leaving the grocery store when I got pulled over in the parking lot and got swarmed by 5 cars. I was in a pretty isolated part and alone. I hadn't been drinking or smoking but the whole situation still made me nervous. They had me get out of the car and he did a quick pat down and licence check. I looked around and two guys had on FBI coats. I explained that I was just stopping at places to play Pokemon Go. They said they got a call about someone casing places for a robbery. I feel like that story was inconsistent with some of the things said and done. Seemed like a fake reason. One of the FBI guys asked to see my phone and I was hesitant to give up my privacy just like that. He then said if I let him text my phone it can be all over. So i agreed. He reached in my car and took it off the charger. I started telling him my number but he stopped my and said they didn't need it. Another guy with a device pinged my phone, my phone lit up and he gave it back to me and said I was all set. I now am wondering what they did and am I being tracked, or on a list or something. They went and talked together a bit more, then gave me my ID back and I just drove home and am now typing this all out. I really wanted to play more on my day off and during the event but I feel sick even thinking about playing out there right now. Sorry for the long rant I just needed to have someone hear my experience.edit: I'm gonna drive down to the station and ask for more info.update: just got back from the station and talked to a Sergeant. He told me they were looking for someone in that area and that the detectives had pulled me over thinking I was him/her. He also told me they had the persons cell number they were looking for and they just pinged me to make sure I wasn't them. He apologized and shook my hand and I now feel a lot less shaken up. I'll choose to believe it I guess. via /r/pokemongo http://bit.ly/2QQAYBP
"I just got pulled over by three police cars and 2 undercover FBI cars for playing" "I just got pulled over by three police cars and 2 undercover FBI cars for playing" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.