"Why are people upset about shiny Scyther encounters when it wasn't announced to begin with?"

#PokemonGO: The number of posts about "shinies as content/features of events" had me thinking..Niantics needs to stop making shinies the feature of a event.Here's the thing though, shiny Scyther wasn't announced for this event. Despite it being released it wasn't touted as the main draw, wasn't even a draw because... it wasn't announced.And here we are, people now having a cow about not getting one despite it not being mentioned by Niantic. Common sense dictates that Scyther is 'rare' and that even during a bug event it's spawns would be low. With the research tasks allowing you to pretty easily snipe for Scyther, no one should be complaining about spawn density.it sucks for full time players who spent whole week grinding and fail to get shiniesThis is the mentality I'm not loving right now. People speaking for other people, pretending they're not personally salty about not getting one. The fact is, you were never entitled to get one nor was it mentioned within the confines of the bug out event. You shouldn't have really expected to get one. Just because someone did, posted it on reddit, doesn't mean you deserve one also.That's with all the other pokemon that were available during bug out able to be shiny too. A lot of chances when it's a base 1/450 shiny chance.I'm all for the shift in these events, I've been out for 4-5 hours per day during this event and I haven't found a shiny Scyther. But if I don't? That's cool. Because it's a shiny, that wasn't announced as a draw for an event, is still available after the event and I have realistic standards. It might be unpopular, but it's about time other POGO players woke up from this shiny charity dream.edit: I'm outside playing GO for the next few hours before the event ends, will try to reply to the reasonable people who have responded later on! via /r/TheSilphRoad http://bit.ly/2D6WzBZ
"Why are people upset about shiny Scyther encounters when it wasn't announced to begin with?"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
02:18
Rating:


No comments