Ads Top

"Detective Pikachu is pure nostalgic fun. The movie made me tear up and feel like a 10 year old kid again."


Spoilers, obviously.I'm convinced that Nintendo has some sort of magical powers to make everyone feel like a kid at any given moment. Some of you all may have experienced that intense feeling of nostalgia and joy when Nintendo does something incredible. When Nintendo announces a game like Super Smash Brothers or Metriod Prime 4, it is fair to say that people collectively feel the most powerful sense of happiness and joy.Why? Because Nintendo can in fact, make you feel like a kid again and that is what they excel. This is what Detective Pikachu accomplished, by making my 20 year-old self want to cry at the end.Goddammit the ending credits scene was pure art, Ryan Reynolds singing, as a Pikachu, the OG anime theme song was had me laughing and stifling my tears at the same time. Seeing all of the Pokemon being shown to scale was something truly amazing. Revealing as the Mewtwo being the same Mewtwo that I saw in the OG Pokemon movie finally appearing on the big screen in CG was INCREDIBLE. Then all the memories from the movies came back too. Seeing my favorite starter pokemon, my boy CHARIZARD come to life on the big screen was... indescribable.I truly felt like a kid again playing Pokemon FireRed on my Red Gameboy Advance SP, and I am grateful to live in a world where we have the technology and people who have the jellies to make a movie like this possible.This movie was fantastic, I DEMAND ANOTHER! via /r/pokemon http://bit.ly/2YfuAs2
"Detective Pikachu is pure nostalgic fun. The movie made me tear up and feel like a 10 year old kid again." "Detective Pikachu is pure nostalgic fun. The movie made me tear up and feel like a 10 year old kid again." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:22 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.