Ads Top

"Seeing Detective Pikachu reawaken the Pokemon trainer in me..."


#PokemonGO: I remember when PokemonGo was launched for the first time in 2016, and of course I downloaded it to see what the hype was. I had never seen the show Pokemon prior to the app but that did not stop me from thinking the characters were great. I usually loose interest in games easily for example: those that required maintenance like farmville, the Sims, and even Nintendo DS Dogs. So as expected of myself, I slowly lost the momentum to play and maintain. Now 3 years later Hollywood works with the creators of Pokemon to put together some amazing visuals (all my opinion)! Seeing the beginning of the movie that allowed us to see the world of Pokemon, I immediately said to myself... "i need to find a way to live in the world". My close friend plays PokemonGo, and when she was talking about her account I had a dumb dumb moment of realizing that PokemonGo was the middleman to this world! I started up my account again and since then I actively seek out Pokemon to catch for my index and such, as well as wanting to complete my field researches. But besides it being an incredibly entertaining game for anywhere you go, it is an amazing revision of how people can get their exercise. I don't work out, and I don't want to for the purpose of achieving a particular look. However, I do want to get more movement in my daily life because my job requires long periods of sitting..sometimes all day. That being said, with a long day of sitting I genuinely look forward to going outside to look for Pokemon and have the benefit to explore the area I live. I was so excited to start playing again that I couldn't help but talked to my roommate about it...now she plays it because she likes the thrill of catching Pokemon (we had seen the movie together). Whatever the passion or interest of the individual/user, the incentive is an amazing stimulant to get people to monitor their activity levels without that being the actual goal when playing. I wish this concept and gaming platform was shared creatively to inspire other game makers -- one that reaches a different demographic but still promoting the benefits that PokemonGo gives to its users. Maybe this does exist and I just have yet to be exposed to it. If someone knows of one I would love to hear about it. Our culture has molded us to be highly competitive individuals as well as thrive on praise and reward-- so I am not surprised by how well this technology has been doing since. via /r/pokemongo http://bit.ly/30LT2mR
"Seeing Detective Pikachu reawaken the Pokemon trainer in me..." "Seeing Detective Pikachu reawaken the Pokemon trainer in me..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 12:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.