Ads Top

"The Pokémon gods have blessed me"


#PokemonGO: http://bit.ly/2WsdEBc apologize for it being long. But some of the backstory just made it that much more exciting in the moment the end result occurred. I did put a TLDR at the bottom.So as we all know this past weekend had the lapras event with the chance to get a shiny lapras. Going into this event I never had a lapras at all (I downloaded the game in 2016 and played for maybe a year then stopped until about 2 months ago because I moved across the country. Was a good way to explore the new town) so I was pretty stoked. I tried to participate in the discord community the night before as everyone was organizing raids which I normally never do because I enjoy playing solo. Everything goes well and there looks like there will be many helping with the event.Come the next day I go to a designated area to begin by 3 gyms and everyone is already gone. Granted I was 4 minutes late but the raids don’t quite go that fast. Meanwhile communication has ceased in the discord chat at the exact moment 11am hit. No answer to questions of where everyone is at and eventually get the occasional “oh maybe they are here”. Wonderful. I’m on foot and begin my speed walking trek to at least cross paths to raid with the secondary group.Finally I see them 30-40 minutes later. Probably two dozen people mopping up a raid about to head to the next. I was fortunately underneath the next gym on the route (maybe 50 yards away) so I waited for them to start here and I’ll finally get to hop on the lapras train for the shiny if I’m lucky. The raid begins and I join in but unfortunately no shiny. I was still happy to have a lapras. I get ready to follow the group...until they all hop into their cars and drive away to some far away gym I had no hope of reaching on time on foot.Following my disappointment but enjoying the silver lining of having a lapras; I walk all the way home to chill and plan to go for a nice walk the next day. Cut to Sunday and after a few hours out and about I’m entering my apartment and my one 10k egg hatches. Low and behold it was a shiny lapras! The chances of it happening the day after the event let alone never getting a lapras from an egg before simply felt unreal. So thank you to the gods of Pokémon go or Pokémon in general. This will not be forgotten 😁TLDR: couldn’t get shiny lapras during event due to discord group ghosting; hatched it in 10k egg the next day via /r/pokemongo http://bit.ly/2EBz58G
"The Pokémon gods have blessed me" "The Pokémon gods have blessed me" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:53 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.