Ads Top

"Parents told me I was too old to play. Screw that, I’m back."


#PokemonGO: I played Pokémon Go at release and instantly feel in love with the game. As many other players burned out, I got more and more into the game.I think the biggest thing about it was how therapeutic it was for my OCD. Every time I felt the panic and anxiety coming on, I would calm myself down with a walk and play some Pokémon Go. It made my thoughts of worthlessness and suicide go away and let me just be in the moment and relax. Problem was, I never told my parents that it was like that for me.Around 15 my parents told me I was to old to play this “childish” game. At the time, I just kept quiet and deleted the game so they wouldn’t say anything else. The school year started and I again felt the feelings of worthlessness and suicide coming back on, but I had no escape or activity to bring me joy and peace. It was not a good year.This Summer, I started reflecting about my year and what kept me from ending it all. While I was thinking about this, I remembered how playing Pokémon Go helped me sort through these feelings and I decided to give it another try, screw what my parents say. I immediately fell in love with the game all over again. I even found a shiny Kabuto! I have a lot to learn about the game but I’m am glad to be back.Sorry for this jumble of words I know it’s a lot to read. I’m just super excited to be back and wanted to share my feelings somewhere. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2FzGp5n
"Parents told me I was too old to play. Screw that, I’m back." "Parents told me I was too old to play. Screw that, I’m back." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.