Ads Top

"Thank you to Pokemon GO for helping me finish my 5yo's Pokedex in Let's Go"


#PokemonGO: I have a five year old who is obsessed with Pokemon. We got Let's Go Pikachu last year, and beat the game easy enough, but we decided to try and fill out his pokedex, which was a lot harder.https://ift.tt/2B9rooj don't have an online account for his profile, so I had the brainwave to just transfer the ones we needed from Pokemon GO.Getting the Let's Go Eevee exclusives was quite easy.The stage three evolutions that require trade were rough though. I'm based regionally, have two kids, no free time and many of the ones we needed don't spawn often any more which meant a lot of walking to grind enough candy. 120km+ for Poliwrath, 60km+ for Machamp, similar for Kadabra. Thankfully I managed to trade someone for Gengar and Golem.We did the weekly breakthough every week for about three months, mostly in the hope of some rare candy. Even at age 5 he was livid when I told him flower crown Eevee would be the only breakthough for the next few months.We caught a shiny Kyogre on father's day which remains one of my favourite gaming memories of us playing together. He was ecstatic.I didn't quite anticipate how long it would take us, but I'm very glad we got there.It was a lot of fun, lots of trips to the park, long walks along the river. All in all, it was a great experience, even though the time commitment would put me off doing it again.(Yes I'm aware there's actually 153 Pokemon in Let's Go, but we agreed to keep Melmetal in GO because he's our strongest and we can't transfer in Mew from Pokemon GO and I'm not keen to pay $70AUD for a Pokeball controller.) via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/33ps05l
"Thank you to Pokemon GO for helping me finish my 5yo's Pokedex in Let's Go" "Thank you to Pokemon GO for helping me finish my 5yo's Pokedex in Let's Go" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:25 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.