Ads Top

"Finished My Pokemon Game Collection"


Over the past few months I've been tracking down a nice, working copy of each of the mainline Pokémon games. Along the way I put together a travel case to protect and display the collection. Here are some pictures of the result:PokecaseAll of the games are authentic. I spent a lot of time watching YouTube videos and reading old threads about how to spot fake carts. Pretty much all of them were acquired off of eBay, with the exception of Black (a gift from a friend), and Yellow (my childhood copy). The only fake I saw in the whole process was a copy of SoulSilver, but I was able to get a refund.Each of the carts from the first two generations have working batteries. Honestly, the fact that my old copy of Yellow is still trucking is kind of amazing. For third gen, Ruby and Sapphire are dry, but Emerald had a fresh battery so I'll have access to the timed events.I originally found the outer plastic case on some industrial website, but was unable to place an individual order. Fortunately, Amazon carried the brand, and I was able to order it here. (It goes in and out of availability)I got the individual game cases off of eBay. The original Game Boy cases were a little tricky. A lot of the postings you find are for newly made cases without the Nintendo branding. It's hard to tell from the pictures in the postings because they look almost identical to the original cases that Nintendo manufactured. Unfortunately, the plastic is slightly less transparent, and so they don't work quite as well for display purposes.Each of the individual cases has velcro backing, so the games are easy to remove and replace when I'm finished playing. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3e2iESz
"Finished My Pokemon Game Collection" "Finished My Pokemon Game Collection" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 14:03 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.