Ads Top

"I did an experiment just to see how easy X/Y is with the Exp. Share"


So I found a used copy of Pokémon Y at my local GameStop for like $15. The guy that used to have the game was a dude named Alex, he had beaten Viola but nothing else.A little known fact about Kalos, you can find the elemental monkeys in the Santalune Forest. So I released all of the Pokémon Alex had caught in favor of catching them and doing a play through with them. Here’s what I have to reportIn addition to the elemental monkeys, Kangaskhan, Volbeat and Chatot eventually joined the team. I was trying to make the game as difficult as I could.Before I caught Chatot, Farfetch’d was on my team. Keep in mind, this was before Farfetch’d became a semi decent Fighting-type.At no point did any of the Gym Leaders give me a good amount trouble, even with that team. I never thought I was going to lose.I briefly replaced Kangaskhan with Sawk, before realizing Sawk is actually too good for this sort of playthrough.The unintended consequence of using Pokémon with poor stats is that they gain experience quickly. Volbeat in particular was Lv. 68 before I even challenged the Elite Four. With no grinding.Lysandre did actually give me a little trouble the second time around. Then Simisage took care of things.I did not evolve the monkeys until I beat Ramos.The only time a Gym Leader defeated one of my Pokémon was when Ramos’ Jumpluff took down Pansage and Chatot.I shit you not, a wild Hydreigon on Victory Road took down took out more of my Pokémon than any Gym Leader did.When battling Diantha, Volbeat used Power-Up Punch to OHKO her Aurorus and Double-Edge to OHKO her Mega Gardevoir. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2UByrAj
"I did an experiment just to see how easy X/Y is with the Exp. Share" "I did an experiment just to see how easy X/Y is with the Exp. Share" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 12:03 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.