Ads Top

"For the first time in my life, I did not complete a mainline Pokemon game."


I actually feel really ashamed of this.I, like a lot of fans, eagerly awaited Pokemon Sword and Shield. New Generation! New Pokemon! My first and only game for the Switch. I actually bought both the game and the system on the same day (Ouch for my wallet).Keep in mind that I'm one of those original North American fans. My first game ever was Pokemon Blue and I'd played a version of every generation ever since. I remember having over 300 hours of playtime on Pokemon Ruby when the Advance SP came out because that meant I could finally play at night with no problem. But in any case, back to my point.When I picked up Pokemon Sword, I was expecting great things from the series. I had deliberately kept myself in the dark in terms of news. I of course knew the starters and basically what Dynamax was, but that was it. But when I started playing, I was continuously underwhelmed. The story was laughable. There were no characters I connected to. The exp. share being always on and applied to every pokemon made all of my pokemon Overpowered whenever I faced an opponent. This reduced difficulty made me feel like I wasn't being challenged. And lack of challenge or adventure, did I mention that I found Galar incredibly boring, meant that I quickly lost interest in the game entirely. I ended up quitting before I got my eighth badge.I ended up selling both the game and my Switch to a friend of mine. I really hope he has more fun with it than I did. But it really makes me sad that for the first time in my life, I wasn't thrilled about a Pokemon game.Did anyone else feel this way? Am I crazy? Did I act rashly? via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3h3SMbj
"For the first time in my life, I did not complete a mainline Pokemon game." "For the first time in my life, I did not complete a mainline Pokemon game." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.