Ads Top

"My Pokedex headcanon"


So there are multiple theories as to why the Pokedex has so many weird and contradictory Dex entries. I personally want to share my theory because I haven't seen a similar explanation given and I thought I could offer a new theory. If my theory isn't new, then I'm sorry. I don't hand out very often in the online Pokémon community.Personally, I think the Pokedex has multiple entries in it. When you capture a Pokemon in the game, it shows you its cry, the various locations it can be found in, the time of day you can find it, and so much more. So to me, it makes logical sense that there are multiple entries for a Pokémon when you catch it.For instance, lets say I catch a Magikarp. When its data is registered into the Pokedex, the Pokedex could offer me multiple entries explaining what a Magikarp is. It can give me the scientific explanation, the mythological explanation, the urban legend explanation, and a 'your own notes' explanation, where I can write about my own observations on Magikarp.I believe that this theory explains a lot of the creepy and downright bizarre Dex entries. The Sun and Moon Gengar Dex entry is just set on the urban legend entry and gives us the information from that, with urban legend seeing Gengar as a twisted monster. The Slugma entry can be based on the urban legend entry as well or just the stupidity of a ten year old who believes that this Pokemon is hotter than the sun.I believe my theory can greatly explain the huge disparities between the individual Dex entries for a single Pokemon in multiple games. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2KoBSbt
"My Pokedex headcanon" "My Pokedex headcanon" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 13:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.