Ads Top

"Why I love Gulpin and Swalot."


So, I love Gulpin and Swalot, and there's a fair bit of history to it.The Pokemon game I've sunken the most time into by more than 200 hours is XD Gale of Darkness. Early on, you have a chance to get a fairly diverse set of pokemon from the Hexagon brothers. I added Spheal and Baltoy to my team, because I loved using Walrein and Claydol in Sapphire. However, when I saw the poison trainer had a Gulpin, I was immediately charmed. I hadn't paid it any mind in the GBA games, but this 3D model just had a bit more personality to it I guess.This sleepy pillow-looking blob got bounced all around when it was hit and it was just chill af afterward. It opened it's mouth when attacking to reveal it was pretty much 90% mouth, later reading told me it was basically a living stomach. It had yawn and shadow wave, which I knew would be GREAT for catching shadow pokemon later. It learned a bunch of utility moves, and it was the first pure poison pokemon I'd kept on a team.When it evolved into Swalot I was stoked. It was purple (my fav color), looked like it was "happy to be here", and it took hits like a BEAST. When this one got hit it would jiggle until settling back, an the sloooowly getting back into position. It was chill, it was defensive (my preferred playstyle), and it had a movepool deeper than your mom.In every subsequent game where it was an option, I've used one. I'm hoping to commission a throw-pillow Gulpin when I can find someone who I think could do it well. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/34N76js
"Why I love Gulpin and Swalot." "Why I love Gulpin and Swalot." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.