Ads Top

"Plugged in my OG release week copy of Pokemon Pearl with the intent of starting a fresh save. VERY glad I didn't!"


So I have a release week copy of Pokemon Pearl that I was going to do a playthrough on to satiate my hype for the remaster that's coming out later this year. I forgot that my save on the cart has 140 hours in it and 214 Pokemon registered in the Pokedex. Haven't touched this game in YEARS so I decided to have a peek at what 18 year old me (I'm now 32) was up to. And...and my heart nearly skipped a beat when I looked at the team I had when I last played.My shiny Gardevoir named SHINY who I thought I lost long ago when my kid brother overwrote my save on Pokemon Diamond. The ONLY shiny I've ever caught and that I had caught back in Pokemon Sapphire on my GBA. I was giddy as hell to finally find an old digital friend I thought I had lost long ago and SO DAMN HAPPY that I didn't wipe the save.And then I dug into BEBEs PC box. Lo and behold, I also have a fun gem of Pokemon history in the PC. Anyone remember the old GBA to Gamecube link cable? And the GC Pokemon Colloseum (I think?) promo GC disc that had Jirachi on it that you downloaded to your Ruby or Sapphire game via said link cable? Yeah. I have a lvl81 OG promo Jirachi on my Pearl cart that I transferred over from Sapphire. Talk about a rare Pokemon find!Just thought I'd share this moment of discovery with this subreddit. That Gardevoir and Jirachi are now nearly 20 year old pieces of data that have survived the test of time. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3DwOST6
"Plugged in my OG release week copy of Pokemon Pearl with the intent of starting a fresh save. VERY glad I didn't!" "Plugged in my OG release week copy of Pokemon Pearl with the intent of starting a fresh save. VERY glad I didn't!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 13:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.