Ads Top

"Affection rate in BDSP is broken and should be a toggleable."


Playing through SP has been a blast so far. I love the looks of them and reliving the Sinnoh region.However the affection rate of your Pokémon to you is horribly broken.When you first start your remastered Sinnoh adventure you don't realize this because the affection rate isn't high yet.Since about the 6th gym I started noticing that my affection rate had become higher because my Pokémon started dodging and critting anything and everything.I just finished the battle against Volkner (8th gym) and I barely had to lift a finger.On the first turn my pokémon dodged the move wanting to be praised. On the second turn he critted wanting to be praised. When he got paralyzed on the third turn after attacking he just shook that paralyze off because "He didn't want me to feel bad". I wiped his first three pokémon barely taking damage. Then Luxray came out and I was just like, well if he takes my first of 5 pokémon down, that's fine. Luxray goes for an attack and guess what, my Pokémon hung on at 1 HP because he didn't want me to feel bad. So then I took out Luxray and won.The thing for me is, it absolutely did NOT feel like a win eventhough I have the badge to show I did win. I didn't have to use a single potion OR status healer because my Pokémon either hung on or shook things off because he didn't want me to feel bad.Pokémon were already easy games to more experienced players, but this just puts the cherry on top of the cake.I like how Pokémon can have an affection rate to the player to bond better with them but it's just straight up busted in these games. I know that the Pokémon league will be a breeze as well since I know I will just have affection rates protecting me.​I wish the affection rate that affects in battle was toggleable in the options menu. These type of things would absolutely want to make me install mods just to remove it. Not because I heavily want to modify the experience the stock game gives but because things like this are straight busted and no fun in my eyes.I also hope people who work for ILCA, Gamefreak or The Pokémon Company read this and take it as sincere feedback, which it is. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3lgbmAz
"Affection rate in BDSP is broken and should be a toggleable." "Affection rate in BDSP is broken and should be a toggleable." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.