Ads Top

"Incubator Walk Distance Tracker Regression: a few days ago, the game's reported distance walked was up to about 90% of actual, now it's back down below 55%"


#PokemonGO: Whenever I go out for a pokemon walk, I run a run/walk distance tracking app in the background to compare my actual distance traveled with the distance reported by my egg incubators. Pokemon Go used to report less than 50% of my actual distance traveled; I would have to walk more than 10 km to hatch a 5k egg.Last week, the app's accuracy improved, recording almost 90% of the distance I traveled while walking with the app open. I remember reading posts about how they improved their distance-tracking system, and thought they had basically fixed the issue.However, yesterday and today, the accuracy has dropped back down, falling below 55%—about as bad as it was before the system seemed to improve. For example, after putting a 5k egg in the incubator, I walked 5.12 miles (8.24 km) today, yet my egg didn't even hatch; it reached just over 4.5km by the time my walk was over.Additionally, I noticed that when the distance tracker was more accurate, the incubator distance updated a few times a minute, but now its back to updating ever 5 minutes or so. Is anyone else noticing the distance tracking system regressed to its old, god-awful state? It's frustrating because I really want to enjoy this game, but it seems like Niantic is trying its hardest to keep me from ever playing again.TL;DR: Incubator distance tracking was terrible, got better, and now is awful again; if it stays like this, I think I'm done with this game.Edit: For my 5.12 mile walk today, I walked 2.5 miles in one direction, stopped for about a half hour at a restaurant, and walked the 2.5 miles directly back. The slow location update time is not a factor. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2bSvkxm
"Incubator Walk Distance Tracker Regression: a few days ago, the game's reported distance walked was up to about 90% of actual, now it's back down below 55%" "Incubator Walk Distance Tracker Regression: a few days ago, the game's reported distance walked was up to about 90% of actual, now it's back down below 55%" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:57 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.