Ads Top

"Ultimate Pokemon Naming System"


#PokemonGO: Here it isSince you are only allowed 12 characters to name pokemon, it is difficult to get a lot of information in there without creating an unintuitive mess of digits. I finally found a system I like, but I can't remember who (reddit imgur link) I learned it from. Credit to whoever deserves it, will add name if you lmkExplanation of naming of first Dragonite:DN means the move types are Dragon/Normal93 means 93% IV scoresingle space for readabilityA211 means duel ability score of 21.1 billion for this pokemon/movesetD60 means gym defense score of 6.0 billion for this pokemon/movesetSince adopting this naming system I have immediately stopped needing to check the details of my gym pokemon. I feel like I have the results of /u/Professor_Kukui 's spreadsheet right there in the game.Looking back and forth between the A211D60 Dragonite and the A169D75 one, it's pretty satisfying knowing exactly how good each is at attacking or defending. I was aware which was better and which was worse, but now I can compare them to other pokemon on the fly*Ultimately it comes down to whatever works best for you. I am really impressed with this one, though.But wait, how do you denote the attacks in two characters everytime?Yep, some letters are used more than once (Fire, Flying, Fairy, Fighting all want to use F). You gotta come up with your own system for that, a single digit for every type. Or you can use mine:F FireT FighTingY FlYingX FairyD DragonK DarKG GroundL Grass (Leaf)O GhOstP PoisonC PsyChicEverything else uses the first letter in the type name (E.G. R for Rock, I for Ice)I guess that's about it. Now when you are battling/training you can quickly compare your pokemon on their individual merits, not just based on tiersThat upper Vaporeon is A193 but we're up against a Grass type, so I'll use the A172 Arcanine. Afterward I'll drop that D70 Eggy in to defend; Dragonite is better at D75 but he's also one of my best attackers at A169, so I wanna keep him around.When moves are rebalanced you can just change the A211D60 to whatever the new scores are on /u/Professor_Kukui 's awesome spreadsheetedit: Here is an alternate version suggested by /u/Lilluck without the "A" and "D" ... seems better to me. The text becomes larger since the names are shorter. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2bhN87F
"Ultimate Pokemon Naming System" "Ultimate Pokemon Naming System" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 13:48 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.